Monday, May 11, 2009

Best things in life still are free!

Yesterday, was a very blessed day. First of all it was Mothers Day. Had a great time with my wife and spending time with her. Got to wish my mom a Happy Mothers Day. Enjoy a great dinner with my wife and mother inlaw. I am very thankful for all the moms in my life and the jobs they do. They make this world, truly, a better place.

The most fun thing was going fishing with Shelby last night. That was a real treat for me. Much of the time it is difficult finding things that we both enjoy and can share together. We have our challenges communicating mainly because we think totally different. I had so much fun going fishing with her and seeing her catch a nice size bass. We fished until it was too dark to see. These times happen so infrequently that it means a great deal when we get to do these things. I was impressed at how well she can cast. She even figured out how to cast using my open face reel. Funny, how the little things make me smile. I am truly blessed with great kids. That is what life is all about.

Gotta go now I think I hear "The Cats in the Cradle" playing now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment